House Lawmakers Limit Scope of Patriot Act Powers [Fox News article]
Month: July 2003
File sharing = bad; Fraud & identity theft = not so bad?
Just the facts, ma’am.
Haven’t updated in a while. A few things of note:
· Dad is getting married tomorrow night. David and I are groomsmen, ushers, and “gophers”, it seems.
Tracey & Slain got regan booting again. Yay for old SCSI knowledge, or something.
· The 4Runner is in the shop until next week. The alternator retired, and the A/C hose had a leak too.
· And in the “Other Things That Broke” category, we have macduff, who doesn’t seem to like its USB ports anymore. Guess I’ll get a PCI USB2.0 card for it and see how that works. Maybe I need a new mobo/proc…
· If that’s not enough, we’re trying to get all the loose ends tied up for our DS3 install at iGiles. Going to fiber optic has been fairly easy on us thusfar, but only because of a lot of hard work by BellSouth and Broadwing. The real fun starts when we roll wireless, coming soon.
Repetition, repetition, repetition…
"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
–Benjamin Franklin, 1759 (ref)
I’ve used this quote on and off for years, but ran across it again today. Recollection is a good practice.
Another dull, boring update.
· Dad’s wedding went off w/o a hitch. Even with David and I being involved.
· Finally got the 4Runner back last week. Got the A/C fixed with a new hose ($94 from Toyota dealer !?!) and a new set of brushes in the alternator.
· The DS3 install at iGiles went well, considering. Now if Frank would just stop hogging all the bandwidth with BitTorrent downloads…
· I’m planning on doing absolutely NOTHING for July 4th. I don’t even want to watch fireworks. I’d rather sleep, imo. Or catch up on all the work I’m behind on.